Monday, June 25, 2007

What it is all about

I know that there are a number of blogs out there written by those who have moved to Sweden, and so you may be asking "Why add another?". My only answer is that my aim is to offer a slightly different perspective - namely, mine.

I am in the lucky situation that I am not diving straight into the unknown of life in Sweden - six years in Denmark will, I hope, give me a slight headstart on life in Stockholm. I know, I know, Danish and Swedish cultures are quite different, but they are closer to each other than to that of Britain, which means that I have probably already taken the greater step with my move to Denmark.

Our move to Stockholm is planned for year-end, so the posts here for the first six months are likely to be about preparing, packing and panicking - as well as that other great feat: learning Swedish.

So that is my blog 'mission statement' out of the way; now, on with the posting.