Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Beating the laundry room blues

Tonight is washing night, an event that I struggle with - it's not so much that I mind doing the laundry, but what I do have a problem with is booking the three-hour slot to do it and then going back up and downstairs, backwards and forwards, between the washes, moving the clothes from one machine to another until they are finally dry.

I guess that means that I am lazy. Most probably. However, there is one thing here that makes laundry day that little bit easier - and that is the drying cupboard. I think they must be particular to Sweden (I have certainly not seen them used in either England or Denmark), but I want to spread the word of the drying cupboard.

Rather than bundling as many items as possible into a tumble dryer and then retrieving small crinkled little parcels of cloth, you can lay them out flat on the shelves of the cupboard or hang shirts up to dry. Then you just switch the machine to the correct temperature and it gently blows warm air on your clothes until they dry. Bliss!

No comments: