Sunday, January 13, 2008

The last piece in the admin puzzle?

Last week I completed what I hope is the last piece of admin to be registered in Sweden by applying for my ID card.
I had heard all different stories about the paperwork needed both for me and the person supporting my application, who must be a Swedish citizen. There is also some confusion about whether an ID card from a bank is an "official" identification card, or if only those from Svenska Kassaservice are "official".
But I decided to take my chances on getting a card from Nordea. I took all sorts of paperwork with me - confirmation of my "right to reside", personbevis from the tax office (a form needed to apply for official items), work contract, personbevis for my boyfriend as my "sponsor" - but they only asked to see my personbevis and my boyfriend's ID card. It seems that the procedure varies from place to place and from person to person; it is better to take too much than too little...

No comments: