Monday, February 18, 2008

My new second home

This weekend I went along to Stockholm city library - Stockholms stadsbibliotek (limited website in English, full site in Swedish), which is only about three blocks away from where we are living, and I found a fantastic place of refuge should I ever need to get away for an hour or two...

The fiction section of the library sits in the centre of the building, in the rotunda. I had seen pictures of it before but it still wowed me when I walked in. Also, the English-language fiction section is pretty large as well: I only got as far as L but I had already grabbed three books and seen a handful more that I will go back for.

For those living in Stockholm, all you need to do is fill in the online form, pop down to the library with some id and they'll give you a library card and you're ready to start borrowing - simple!


No comments: