Saturday, April 19, 2008

Death of a laptop

Been offline for what has seemed to me to be a very long time because of computer woes. My laptop decided to go out in style last week, so we had to scramble to extract all the files from it in Safe Mode. Despite being pestered for many months, I still had not backed up the hard disk onto our spare hard drive - I mean, was that really necessary? After all, the laptop was only three and a bit years old...


But three years marked the end of the warranty and so it has been in slow decline for the past few months. Then on Tuesday, I came to do an update of iTunes and it had a funny turn. Its punishment is to have been packed into a box destined for the basement - we'll see how it likes that.

Anyway, the upshot is that I am now transferring my many, many files onto the boyfriend's lovely HP (not quite two years old). But I think I am making myself at home on here now. I am just now sure how I have managed to accumulate so much in just a few years.

Technorati tags:

No comments: