Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Daylight robbery?

After taking the decision to move up to Stockholm, I signed up with Hemnet to receive emails whenever a new apartment was put on the market in the city. Now is the quiet period of the year and the emails are averaging 2 emails with one or two apartments a week rather than daily with up to 20 as was the case earlier in the year.


But of this morning’s two newly available apartments, one really caught my eye as the price tag seemed a little steep. When I clicked on the link I found that it was actually even steeper than I had first thought – the price is fixed at Skr 10,300,000m (around €1,125,000m) but the apartment is only 128 square metres. So, despite only having one bedroom (two if you converted the dining room), the place is on the market at Skr 80,469 (around €8,785) per square metre! Given that most apartments in that part of town are already on the market for a not-inconsiderable Skr 40,000-50,000 per square metre, you can understand my surprise.

No comments: